'Merica and Engagement

It's that time of year again when all I crave are grilled and chilled treats! My family is usually hanging out around the picnic table eating hamburgers, brats, hot dogs, and chowing down on corn on the cob on most of the Independence Day's that I can remember. This is generally followed up by some ice cream from Dairy Depot and fireworks around our neighborhood.


The 4th of July is also really significant to me for another reason. This 4th of July marks 1 year since Richard asked me to marry him! Around this time next summer we will be hubby and wifey.

Here was the rundown of him asking...

We arrived at the Japanese Gardens around where we live for a nice walk around the trails and to relax before a big day of family, food, and fireworks. The journey through the gardens takes maybe about 45 minutes to an hour to walk through. Once we completed that first walk, he suggested walking around again since it was so busy to make sure we got to see everything. We finally got to this deck that over looked one of the ponds in the gardens. We stood there for a few minutes before he said "Let's go." I turned around and started to walk up the steps when I heard him say, "Jessica."

When I turned around, there he was on one knee with this box in his hands. He told me how much he loved me and asked me to bless him with spendng time and all eternity with him by marrying him.


OBVIOUSLY I SAID YES!

Since I have to work all the time and haven't been able to make my own festive goodies this year, here is one of my favorites I have come across this week! I think I might definitely have to make that non-alcoholic version of the red, white and blue drink!



These goodies given to you by Rosanna Pansino



I hope you all have a fantastic holiday weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts