Wedding Planning Fun

I think I have been planning my dream wedding since I was about 4 years old. I would always marry my Barbie's off to either Ken, John Smith, or any other dashing prince in my pile and then send them off to live in their RV (I didn't have a "dreamhouse" because holy crap were those babies expensive). Either way, the Barbie's and their coordinating men enjoyed their RV life and drove around in Barbie's pink sparkly car... where they lived happily ever after. The End.

Barbie had the easy life.

Real life wedding planning, on the other hand, is fun/crazy/expensive/hectic/exciting. Lots of emotions at once!

Since my last post describing my engagement to my prince, we have been busy getting things together. Tomorrow we are taking our engagement pictures so we can send out our save the dates. I know he's way more excited to go cake tasting on Friday, however. Yummy!

Our wedding is going to be a little bit different than most people's. We were both brought up in different faiths and we both want to celebrate that part of ourselves in our wedded union. So, when I see those shows where people say "you'll only wear the dress once..." I giggle, because I get to wear mine twice!

There are a few things I have noticed as I have began planning and would love to share them with you all:

1. I couldn't do any of this without my mom. She has been there to help me throughout this whole process. She has read every bridal book I have, every magazine I have recieved, and looked at every pin I have ever re-pinned. Thank goodness for her because with finishing up nursing school and taking boards, she has literally been a life saver. So my first tip of advice is to find someone who can help you through the craziness. Things can become overwhelming and, if someone doesn't reign you in, expensive. Having another brain with you to think things over is a must have!

2. Seriously, DON'T FORGET THIS IS NOT THE BE ALL END ALL OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP! If the flowers look out of place or someone's hair-do isn't exactly as you envisioned it to be, it's not that big of a deal. You're marrying the guy, not the misplaced flower!

3. DIY is amazing and useful for later events =)

AND

4. Remember, families are forever! the best part of this whole wedding planning experience is realizing that my family is growing bigger! I love each and every one of my family members I already have and will be gaining!

Happy planning to all you Brides out there!

Comments

Popular Posts